A New Orleans Garden Style Bridesmaid Proposal Story
The very start of a wedding usually begins with a special proposal and an engagement ring. Someone has to agree and say yes to the ever-popular and sacred question of “will you marry me?” However, there’s one other important proposal that sets the tone for the beautiful nuptials, and that would be the proposal to your best group of people, asking them if they’ll do the honor of being your bridesmaids.
Traditionally, this type of interaction would be done through an invitation or maybe even with a phone call. But for this bride, intertwining her love for New Orleans and the natural art of the Garden District, we showcased this to display an alternative and creative way to pop the question to your future bridesmaids.
Exuding nothing but positivity throughout the entire event, we opted to incorporate lavender sage in all of the bundles to keep the consistency of love and good vibes for the series of events to come. At the brunch table, all of the seating tags were presented to read “Will You Bloom Into Mrs. With Me”?
Stylish Guest Seating
When the wheels start turning about the wonderful day that you say “I do,” being able to bring your friends along on the journey is such an honor. As a true reflection of who you are, having the people who were there before this milestone is beautiful. What better way to reveal your proposition than to shower them with a meaningful and memorable event that will kick off the big event to come?
Blueberry Lavender Spritzer
- For the Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 sprigs fresh lavender
- For the Vodka Spritzer:
- 2 cups vodka
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- Club soda
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Garnish: fresh sprigs lavender
Make the Simple Syrup
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine the water, sugar, and blueberries in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add the lavender sprigs. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup and pour into a jar; as you pour, use a masher or back of a spoon to squeeze all the remaining juice from the berries.
Make the Cocktail
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a glass pitcher, combine the vodka, 3/4 cup of the blueberry lavender simple syrup, the lime juice, and club soda.
- Add ice and a healthy handful of blueberries.
- When you’re ready to pour, you can garnish each glass with some more blueberries and a sprig of lavender.
Venue – @elmsmansion
Florals – @magnoliawest_
Chair and Vintage Bike Rental – @lovegoodrentals
Table and Candle Rental – @fireflyambiance
Model Bride Dress – Kynlee Dress by Fashion Nova
Model Earrings – @seventhrose_
Makeup – @theneebeat
Lavender Sage Bundles – @breedlovebeautyco
Lavender Organic Cotton Candy – @ledoodleco
White Buttercream Cake – @albertsons
Photography – @clintblane
Fairy Storyteller @ambermeadows.co